I just received an e-mail from VMware about the public technology preview of the next version of VMware Workstation. Everybody can participate so I wanted to share it with you. Find the e-mail below.
The VMware® Workstation™ Team is excited to invite you to participate in the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2013. With the upcoming Windows 8.1 release, and the recent releases of Ubuntu 13.04, and Fedora 18 we thought it was the perfect time to release a technology preview. We would like to get your feedback on new capabilities that may appear in future releases of VMware Workstation.
In this preview, we would appreciate your help in evaluating the following areas:
• Creating and running Virtual Machines using the latest operating systems
• Running Restricted virtual machines with an expiration date
• Converting physical machines running Windows 8 into virtual machines
• Performance of Virtual Machines running up to 16 vCPUs
• General stability, application compatibility and usability
This is a public technology preview. You may share this email with your peers so they can download and try the technology preview.
Get Started Now
1. Download the VMware Workstation Technology Preview here: http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/beta/workstation_2013
2. When prompted, enter this expiring license key to enable the software: M109C-N0J5L-08J8A-02ARP-CE64F (expires 10/15/2013)
Your participation in the technology preview is an important part of the product development process. Your feedback helps the VMware Workstation Team:
– Improve the implementation of new features
– Guarantee a reliable installation experience
– Increase product performance and stability
– Test a broader number of operating systems and devices
– Refine general usability
To provide your feedback to VMware, please visit the technology preview community site:
Please contribute to an existing discussion or start a new one. Our Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Support Teams, Technical Writers and Product Managers are all actively involved in the forums to ensure that your suggestions and comments get our attention.
Thank you very much for participating in the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2013 program.
We look forward to your feedback!
The VMware Workstation Team